Wednesday, December 30, 2009

No News

We haven't heard about travel dates for January, so I guess it won't be January! Russia shuts down the next couple weeks for their holiday. I'm not bummed because I've run out of patience, but more so afraid something will go wrong. Ok, I'm running out of patience a little too. I keep reading blogs with sad news.....Oh I don't really want to let my mind go there. It's so difficult to constantly be at the mercy of someone else and have NO CONTROL over any of this. Our hearts are still very guarded...

Our many, many prayers are not just for us, but for those other families who are STILL waiting for referrals and travel dates.
Here's to 2010!!! May this be the year that our babies come home!!! Happy New Year!!!

9 comments:

Denise said...

I'm sorry. I was really hoping you'd hear something. I don't even know what to say anymore...

Michelle said...

We are still praying for you. There are lots of people you don't even know that are hoping for a quick homecoming! Keep the faith.

LT said...

We are keeping our fingers crossed! Here's to the best year ever for your family... to be "complete." Love ya -

Bonnie said...

One day at a time. Try to use this time as a 2 week mental vacation from the whole process if you can. Take care of YOU - get a pedicure, read, go to the gym, just spoil yourself. You will feel rejuvenated when the adoption gears start turning again. 2010 will be an amazing year for your family.

Carala said...

hi!

I just found your blog....and definitely know the pain of waiting! But, keep trusting God for his overwhelming peace. He is amazing and loves you and your girl soo much! His plan is perfect! Our plan is not always His, but in the end you will see why everything needed to happen the way it did. Our journey has been 3 years...and we still don't have a referral...I have to remind myself everyday that God has a GREAT plan for our family. I'll be praying for you...cause I know about the hard days! :-)

Carala from Canada
adopting our girl from Vladivostok

Shelly and Steve said...

Yes, I thought waiting for the referral was hard, but meeting our little girl and leaving her behind is the WORST....hard to stay upbeat and positive when there still seem to be sooo many obstacles and knowing things can go wrong. Lets keep the faith and pray this first part of 2010 will be full of DREAMS and MIRACLES!!!

Shelly

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

GREAT job on the treadmill...40 minutes! that is awesome. It is a running day for me (MWF) and on TTH I walk with an incline. I try to do situps every day even if it is just 30-50 and I try to do full situps, not just crunches, although I think crunches are good...I guess crunches work upper abs and full situps work more lower abs (which is where my problem is).


I totally agree with you on the 2 couples that got sent home, but they do get to come back in 1 month so that is encouraging as well. I really hope they succeed.

Thank you so much for blogging this journey with me! It is fun to have someone to do this with.

Kristine

The Jackson Family said...

Heres to hoping all the kids in the orphanages have a great Russian Christmas tomorrow... and most of all, get lots of love.

Wendi and Terry said...

Hang in there, when you least expect your call it will come. Thougths and prayers for you!!