Today was Plain and Fancy Day in Nate's 4th grade class. They are learning about Pennsylvania and part of their unit is on the Amish. Their teacher did a great job with 6 neat stations for the kids to rotate around to. There was quilting, Jacks, apple pie making, calligraphy, sewing Jacks sacks and creating lifebooks. The kids all wore simple black and white clothing with aprons, bonnets and straw hats. They all looked so cute! I went in to volunteer and ran the Jacks station and enjoyed it a lot. I was very good at Jacks back in the day! I couldn't get over how all these 9 and 10 year old girls and boys have never played Jacks. Times sure have changed!
My little Amish boy :)

Playing Jacks.

Doing calligraphy

Tyler playing Jacks.

Nate quilting.

3 comments:
How cute! Thank god you updated your blog. I was getting ready to drop you from my list of things to do in the morning!
lol@Michelle;)
Wish I could quilt!
Precious boys! Boys always have us busy;)
xox
yea, it's about time you updated.
Nate looks so grown up in the first picture! I can't believe it!
I hated jacks...so boring.
Post a Comment