This has been an awful week. I'm too emotionally drained to go into too much detail. But Grace has challenged and tested me all week and I feel like I'm failing miserably. She is getting into all sorts of trouble and hitting constantly. The worst is when we are in public and for no reason she just starts to hit me with both hands. I never ever had to deal with this with the boys and I honestly have no idea where to go from here (except maybe the looney bin). Time out isn't working. I've started taking Dora and Diego privileges away. I think this is all toddler related but we are going to increase the OT we do at home. On top of her behavior, I have had back issues. I've been in constant pain for over a week. I did see a doctor once already and am going back tomorrow. I'm just so thankful the week is coming to an end and Brad will be home to help deal with our little bully.
And to add insult to injury, Brad and I actually had a date night planned for Saturday and Grace woke up with a slimy cold. And Aunt Denise is afraid of germs :) (She is training for a marathon, so we will give her a pass this time)
You'd never know by looking at her that she was such a stinker! Well, actually her eyes in the second picture kind of give her away :)
Grace has a real hard time keeping her shirt on :) Check out the new off the shoulder style. She even has the pose to go with it :)

She loves her new umbrella. Apparently it is a chew toy also.
9 comments:
Oh Jeanette...I'm sorry to hear you have had a bad week. Backache is horrible...and all the medical team say is "keep moving, keep active"!!!
Hang on in there with Grace...Just wait, she will be a wee angel tomorrow! Love Debsx
You know, now that you posted this, Grace will be good as gold! :)
Well these girls of our sure are trying. I guess the boys weren't so bad after all huh? I'm sorry to hear of your back, it does stink when you are in pain and it dosen't go away. Hope you will be able to get out for a date soon. girls, you gotta love em!
I am so sorry you're having a rough week! I was thinking as I was reading your post that she looks like a little angel in the pictures :). So cute.
I say this only because I've heard about it enough on FRUA chat that I'm going to pick it up for myself, but everyone says that Beyond Love Consequences and Logic is supposed to be great as far as providing alternate parenting suggestions for post-institutionalized kids. I have no idea if it's good or not...but I'll keep you posted as I read. Might be worth a try to give you other ideas?
Oh Jeanette, I can so relate. We've had a rough couple of weeks as well. And I've been sick. Not a very good pairing. I hope your back is feeling better soon, nothing is worse than a bad back and a challenging toddler.
The week is almost over, here's hoping next week is better. For both of us.
Hope your weekend is going better... I am in the same boat as you as to not feeling well. These independent little girls are TOUGH to get through to! Clara has started to bite me just this week and I've had a complete and total freakout. This morning at MyGym she was a nightmare. Anyway, enough of my issues.
Grace is so, so, so cute and I love her fiesty personality. Her taking off 1/2 her shirt just cracked me up! That girl is very photogenic.
And I must say, I am sooooo jealous that you have a babysitter to even go out on a date! Sounds wonderful - I hope y'all take advantage as soon as possible!
Hang in there - you are an awesome Mom.
i know you had a rough week but you're doing the best you can. just remember that she loves you even if she hits you.
I hope you read this Jeanette, I couldnt find an email address for you! We live one hours drive from Glasgow and YES, YES, YES you cannot come all this way and not meet us in person!!! Please let me know nearer the time and we can arrange something, will be thinking about this all day now :-)
I am sorry things were so rough last week. Hopefully this week is going better. We have had weeks like that so I know how emotionally draining they are. Dmitrii went through that hitting stage, and while it lasted longer than I would have liked it to, it did pass.
Is Grace able to communicate at all? We determined most of Dmitrii's hitting centered around the fact that he was not able to communicate his wants/needs to us. It was once he gained some communication skills (some sign language at first, and then actual words) that the hitting seemed to really die down.
Post a Comment