We got home at 8:30 last night to the most AMAZING welcome ever!!!! I will be posting pictures and maybe video (if Brad does it) soon!! Nate and Aidan had the most joyful faces when we got home. Running towards the car with posters and smiles that made me cry! It was so nice to go sleep last night with all 3 of my children in their beds :)
Our flight home was delayed and not fun!!!! Out of our 10 1/2 hours in the air, Grace slept the first hour and half and that's it!! The rest of the 9 hours was spent on me! She was either hitting me, pulling my hair, cuddling, blowing raspberries, yelling at fellow passengers, kicking their seat or crying when Daddy tried to hold her. We knew we had a little bit of a wild chid, but we really think she was just so over stimulated. We had her in bed around 9pm and she slept until 6:45am. It actually turned out to be a good thing that she didn't sleep on the plane because I think it will help with the time change. She woke up once around 1am, but Brad used his magic powers and got her back to sleep. He says that Grace doesn't think he is worth crying over and that she figures she just mind as well go to sleep :) She has been so good today and I've only been hit about 3 times!!! She still only wants me, but is starting to venture away and check things out, even if it is in the direction of Daddy!
Our family is complete!
The best Mother's Day present ever! (I look very rough after being awake for almost 24 hours)
12 comments:
I am soooo happy for you and your family!! I really can't wait to meet Grace!!! What an adventure!!! I am so proud of you for staying so strong through all of this!!! See you soon! Maryanne
Love the family pic outside...but I swear, if I cry one more time I'm going to stop reading your blog.
Jeanette, glad to see you made it home safe and sound. How sweet of the boys to make posters for you. We had the same welcoming from our boys also. Congratulations on Grace and your happy family. Sally
Great picture! I'm with Denise on the crying thing. Thought we were done with it last night!
Okay...so you know how bad I am at keeping up with your blog!!! I wanted to check in today to make sure everything was going as planned and YOU'RE HOME! Isabelle and I just read all your posts and looked at the adorable pictures!! We can't wait to meet her. I'll call you!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
JOY!
Catherine
SIGH...Finally HOME! YAY! Beautiful family xox
I was dying to get home to check your blog. Welcome home to all of you!! I can't believe this day has finally come. I looked at your family's photo and thought, "Everyone is together now." We are so happy for you guys. Congrats again!
Can you believe it?! You're all finally together. We'll have to get the kids together this summer. Everyone looks so happy. What a wonderful family. Can't wait to hear more about your trip home and your how Grace is doing. I know how hard it's going to be to find the time to blog. Andrew was/is a mama's boy. Congratulations!!
Congratulations on a very sweet homecoming!
Congratulations!!! I've been watching your blog and am happy to see that you survived the trip home and are now with your WHOLE family. So great!
Our little girl has been home 8 months...and boy do I remember the hitting and spitting in my face days, good times. ;) Happily, I can say - it does get better! My thoughts and prayers are with you over the next few months as you and your family adjust to your new life together. Thanks for letting me watch from the sidelines - I really, really love a good adoption story.:) Again, congratulations!
Awesome!!! That is one beautiful picture! What an exciting and amazing feeling to FINALLY be home with Grace, huh? Congratulations and TRY to take care of yourself the next few days and weeks. Sooo thrilled for you all!!!!
Laura
Post a Comment